12 Nov Chickpea Pita Pizzas
*Submitted by Make a Roux
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- ½ cup chickpea dip (or hummus)
- fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Boscoli Olive Salad
- 2 tsp your favorite Italian seasoning or fresh herbs
- 1 c grated cheese (I used fontina and mozzarella)
- salt and pepper, optional
Place pitas on a pan and broil until slightly browned and crisp. Remove from oven and flip pitas over. Place pitas back into oven and broil slightly. You don’t want to brown this side so much as to dry it out. Remove pitas from oven and spread each with 1/4 c of the chickpea dip or hummus. Top each with a bit of the cheese, followed by tomatoes and/or olive salad. Sprinkle remaining cheese over both pitas. Sprinkle pitas with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Return to broiler until cheese is hot and bubbly.
Serve with your favorite red wine. YUM!